Florida FCC & NEPA Checklist
EPAC has helped launch and expand four major Telecom carriers in Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas. Cumulatively EPAC has performed over 800 different Phase I ESA and NEPA Checklist reports. We helped to pioneer local flood plain approvals and develop the most efficient SHPO review packages with a 100% success rate.
EPAC knows the intent of these investigations are to determine the environmental impact of modifications to the proposed telecommunication sites, pursuant to 47 CFR Chapter 1, FCC Rules implementing the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 (42 U.S.C. 4321-435). According to FCC regulations, any developments and/or modifications which may have significant environmental impact would require further environmental investigation in the form of an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS).
These studies are to be performed under the supervision of a licensed Professional Consultant. The following areas of concern are investigated as part of the FCC/NEPA Compliance Audit:
- Officially designated wilderness and/or wildlife preserves.
- Officially designated critical habitats, or areas having threatened or endangered species which are likely to be jeopardized.
- Section 106 review for districts, sites, buildings, structures or objects, significant in American history, architecture, archeology, engineering or culture that are listed, or eligible for listing, in the National Register of Historic Places.
- Section 106 review for Indian religious sites.
- Flood plain designations.
- Areas which would require significant change in surface features (wetland fill, deforestation or water diversion).
- Residential areas and the use of high density white lighting on proposed telecommunication towers.
- Compliance with Radio Frequency (RF) radiation exposure levels recommended in the American National Standard Institute (ANSI).